CMS is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications and employment inquiries, please note that we can only accept applications for posted positions and internships.
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS), a non-profit educational institute and think-tank devoted to the study of international migration, seeks to hire a bookkeeper/operations assistant.
The bookkeeper/operations assistant will:
- Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, including timely invoice payment, reimbursements, deposits and electronic income, and payroll and employee benefits
- Reconcile bank, petty cash and credit card accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain general ledger
- Create annual organizational budget with the Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator
- Monitor and report grant spending on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly financial statements, including income and expense activity and cash flow reports
- Ensure the strict adherence to internal accounting controls and procedures
- Provide oversight and maintenance of company 403(b) plan, including preparation and submission of form 5500
- Assist in the preparation of financial documents for audits, form 990, and CHAR500
- Ensure accuracy of 1099 and W-2 forms
In addition, this position will coordinate travel, meeting and event arrangements, and provide support to the Executive Director and other program staff on projects and administrative work.
CMS seeks a candidate with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy, excellent administrative and organizational skills, and passionate about our mission. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in non-profit operations and experience with bookkeeping. Expertise in QuickBooks and MS Excel required. Ability to work effectively in a growth-driven environment and to communicate well with colleagues, vendors, and constituents a must. This is a full-time exempt position. CMS offers excellent benefits, including a generous health insurance plan, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, and a contributory tax-deferred annuity plan. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by August 14, 2016 to Daniela Alulema, CMS Administrative Coordinator, at DAlulema@cmsny.org. The position is open until filled and applications are accepted immediately.