The Program Intern will support all CMS staff and interns. The successful candidate will be familiar with migration-related issues and current migration-related news and events.
- Support the Director of Communications with:
- Organizing CMS events, specifically CMS dialogues, conferences, and other convenings;
- Attending external events (e.g., United Nations conferences, monthly civil society meetings, and other convenings) and drafting follow-up summaries
- Researching various constituency outlets (e.g. media, scholars, policymakers, etc.) and organizing and developing distribution lists for targeted outreach;
- Updating the CMS website and potentially contributing blog posts; and
- Drafting weekly one-page immigration news briefs.
- Support the Administrative Coordinator with:
- Updating and maintaining development databases, including contacts database (SalesForce); and
- Researching funding opportunities and development strategies;
- Support the Editorial Assistant with administrative tasks related to the International Migration Review, the Journal on Migration and Human Security, and various CMS reports and publications;
- Support the Communications Intern with additional contributions to CMS’s online communications and social media marketing, including maintaining CMS’s social media networks (Facebook and Twitter)
- Perform administrative duties and other routine operations
Candidates must be enrolled or have recently completed an undergraduate or graduate studies program. Potential candidates must be detail-oriented and have excellent written and spoken communication skills, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Ideal candidates should also be passionate about migration, refugee, and population issues.
Internships are unpaid, but academic credit may be available. For internships during the spring semester, preference will be given to candidates that can commit to working in CMS’s New York office for a minimum of 20 hours per week for approximately 4-6 months. For summer internships, preference will be given to candidates that can commit to working in CMS’s New York office for a minimum of 35 hours per week for approximately 3 months.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) by the appropriate deadline to Daniela Alulema, Administrative Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Intern” in the subject line.