ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S CHURCH (PROVIDENCE, RI) RECORDS, 1909-1976
Credit: Center for Migration Studies of New York

ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S CHURCH (PROVIDENCE, RI) RECORDS, 1909-1976

Note: A box and folder list is available in the repository.

St. Bartholomew’s church was erected in 1907 to serve the residents of Silver Lake area of Providence, Rhode Island, under the direction of Reverend Belliotti from Holy Ghost Church. The parish was led by several priests from 1916 until February 1922, when Reverend Pietro Gorret arrived. Gorret served the community for over twenty-five years. A new church was built in 1969 new church under the director of Reverend Mario Boeri. The bulk of the collection consists of bound volumes of the parish bulletin, called La Campana di Silver Lake, from 1923-1956 and 1976. Also included are jubilee booklets, photographs, some early correspondence, and financial reports, as well as a history written from 1969.

Note: A box and folder list is available in the repository.

Collection Title St. Bartholomew's Church (Providence, RI) Records, 1909-1976
Call Number CMS 022
Extent 2.5 linear feet in 5 manuscript boxes