The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) publishes and produces pioneering, policy-relevant research on international migration, refugee protection and immigrant integration issues.
Among the defining characteristics of its work, CMS:
- Identifies compelling and emerging issues affecting migrants and refugees;
- Cultivates and draws on the best scholars in the field;
- Supports multi-disciplinary, comparative research and scholarship;
- Develops compelling topics for scholarship from the top down and from the bottom up;
- Engages non-traditional stakeholders;
- Produces independent evidence-based reports with concrete recommendations to improve immigration, refugee protection and integration systems, policies and laws; and
- Convenes diverse advisory groups in order to meet migration-related challenges in a multi-disciplinary and sustained way.
At present, CMS is pursuing three research projects:
- Democratizing Data
- The US and Global Refugee Protection System
- US Catholic Institutions and Immigrant Integration