Conference Fee $125
Free for Santa Clara University students, faculty, and staff (excludes lunch)
Join the Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) for the 2019 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference from March 11-13, 2019 at Santa Clara University School of Law in Santa Clara, CA.
This annual event is part of CMS’s Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) which seeks to understand, expand and strengthen the work of Catholic institutions with immigrant communities. The conference will:
- Explore promising and successful programs and ministries with immigrants in parishes, elementary schools, universities, the workplace, immigrant service networks, charities, community organizing entities, hospitals, and other institutions;
- Examine how changing US immigration and refugee polices are affecting Catholic institutions, their members and those they serve;
- Lift up a distinctly Catholic vision of integration, which is rooted in communion, integral development, and evangelization of culture;
- Feature an annual address – named after CMS’s co-founder, Fr. Lydio Tomasi, c.s. – on the theological vision underlying the work of Catholic institutions with immigrants and refugees;
- Offer optional site visits to migrant programs and ministries in the San Francisco Bay Area on March 11, 2019.
The agenda and list of speakers will be available soon.
The conference fee is $125 for all three days, which includes meals during the conference program. For Santa Clara University students, faculty and staff, registration is free, but does not include lunch. Discounts and fee waivers are available for those indicating financial need. To request a discount or fee waiver, please contact email@example.com.