Subscribe to the CMS Mailing List
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
CMS Mission Statement
The Center for Migration Studies (CMS) is a New York-based educational institute devoted to the study of migration, to the promotion of understanding between immigrants and receiving communities, and to public policies that safeguard the dignity and rights of migrants and newcomers. CMS was established in 1964 by the Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles, Scalabrinians. It operates as a legally distinct, tax-exempt agency, with an independent Board of Trustees. CMS’s signature publication, the International Migration Review (IMR), is the leading social science journal in the immigration field. CMS produces other publications, offers educational events and seminars, and maintains an extensive archive of migration-related documents and photographs.
CMS is a member of the Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), a global network of more than 270 organizations that provide diverse programs and services to migrants, including shelters in border communities and welcoming (integration) centers in receiving communities.
Center for Migration Studies
27 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014-4423
CMS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMR Email: email@example.com
- The New Ellis Island: Visions from the border for the future of America
- CMS Dialogue: Religion and Immigrant Occupational Attainment in the US, Canada, and Western Europe – Video and Photos
- The Gang of 8 and Accountable Border Enforcement
- Aristide Zolberg, 1931-2013
- CMS Dialogue on New Survey of American Public Opinion on Immigration Reform – May 1, 2013, 1pm to 3pm