Monongah (W.Va.)

Monongah (W.Va.)

CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF POMPEI (MONONGAH, WV) RECORDS
CMS 048 documents activities in the Italian-American Roman Catholic parish of Our Lady of Pompei, located in the coal-company town of Monongah, West Virginia, between the years 1899, when missionaries from what is now the Society of Saint Charles-Scalabrinians, a congregation of male religious founded to minister to migrants, arrived in the area, to 1926, when the missionaries left. Documents include correspondence.

Read More