CMS 052 documents the history of Saint Anthony, a Roman Catholic parish founded to provide pastoral care to the Italian-speaking population of Everett, Massachusetts, from shortly after the parish's founding in 1927 to the early 1970s through correspondence, ephemeral publications, financial papers and photographs.
CMS 094 documents the history of Saint Anthony of Padua in Buffalo, New York from shortly after the parish's founding in 1891 through the 1980s via correspondence, financial records, newspaper clippings, photographs, souvenir publications and miscellaneous documents.
CMS 047 documents the history of the Church of Saint Anthony of Padua of New Haven, Connecticut,from the founding of the parish in 1904 to 1986. Materials include correspondence, meeting minutes, newspaper clippings, parish announcement books, parish histories, parish society organizational documents and photographs.
CMS 054 documents activities at Saint Anthony of Padua, a Roman Catholic parish for Italian immigrants in a small town in upstate New York, from 1898 to 1975. The collection includes correspondence with the chancery of the Diocese of Buffalo, financial papers, marriage records, and ephemeral publications.
CMS 062 documents activities at the Italian-American Roman Catholic parish of Sacred Heart in the North End of Boston from the foundation of the parish in 1889 until the 1970s.
CMS 048 documents activities in the Italian-American Roman Catholic parish of Our Lady of Pompei, located in the coal-company town of Monongah, West Virginia, between the years 1899, when missionaries from what is now the Society of Saint Charles-Scalabrinians, a congregation of male religious founded to minister to migrants, arrived in the area, to 1926, when the missionaries left. Documents include correspondence.
In 1889, Reverend Luigi Paroli P.S.S.C. established the Holy Ghost Church to accommodate the growing number of Italian immigrants living in the Federal Hill area of the city. The collection is made up of photographs of Parenti’s early life in Italy and the congregation, as well as clippings, souvenir journals, financial records, correspondence, parish histories, and a unique compendium of religious feasts celebrated at Holy Ghost.
This collection is made up of materials relating to the Church of Saint Tarcisius in Framingham, Massachusetts, from 1914-1984, the bulk of which date from the 1960s and 1970s. The collection contains mostly photographs of the church and parishioners, several programs covering special events such as testimonial dinners of musical events, clippings, publications, and some other materials relating to the early days of the church.
Saint Michael’s Church on Wooster Square near the downtown area of New Haven, Connecticut was established in 1889. The parish served the Italian-American community under Friar Leonardo Quaglia from 1916 to 1949, the period in which the bulk of the materials are dated. The collection contains church bulletins, diocesan reports, financial reports, photographs, announcement books, and other ephemera and publications documenting events and anniversaries of the church.
This collection contains materials related to the Church of Saint Lazarus in East Boston, Massachusetts. The parish was served by Louis (Lodovico) Toma from 1911 until his death in 1961. The collection mostly contains his sermons from the 1910s and notebooks generated during his time in seminary.