This collection contains the records dating from 1889-1945 of the Church of Saint Joachim located in lower Manhattan. The records reflect the Italian immigrant community of the church and contains vital records, meeting minutes, correspondence, financial records, activities of religious societies, and other materials.
The Church of Our Lady of Pompei, New York, founded in 1892, is an Italian-Catholic parish, located in Greenwich Village. The records contain vital materials related to the day-to-day maintenance of the church, its programming, and its congregation.
This collection contains the records of the Holy Rosary Church in Washington DC, founded in 1913 by Nicola De Carlo. This collection mostly contains materials related to church societies and organizations founded and associated with the church, from 1914-1970s.
The records consist of a history of each parish, illustrated diamond jubilee books, parish bulletins, correspondence between pastors, souvenirs journals, magazines, newspapers, albums with clippings, photographs, and short biographies of pastors.
The bulk of this collection consists of bound volumes of the parish bulletin, called La Campana di Silver Lake, from 1923-1956 and 1976. Also included are jubilee booklets, photographs, some early correspondence, and financial reports, as well as a history written from 1969.
The records of the church consist of materials documenting parish life from 1908-1979, with the bulk dating from the 1920s-1930s. The material also reflects the activities of the parochial school. Many of the records consist of general correspondence and bills, as well as photographs from the dedication of the convent in 1958. The collection also contains weekly bulletins issued to parishioners attending Sunday Mass, small booklets, sermon and play manuscripts, newspaper clippings, and prayer cards.