DATASET: Construction Workers in New York City, Selected Demographic and Socioeconomic Characteristics by Citizenship and Immigration Status, 2015-2019
December 30, 2022
You may download data on construction workers in New York City by selected demographic and socioeconomic characteristics by citizenship and legal status for the 2015-2019 time period in Excel format using the button on the sidebar.
- Total number of construction workers by citizenship and legal status
- Demographic characteristics: Borough of residence, age, mutually exclusive race and Hispanic origin, sex, marital status, educational attainment, ability to speak English, limited English speaking households
- Labor force characteristics: Employment status, class of worker, mode of travel to work, earnings
- Income and public benefits: Poverty, household income, health insurance, Medicaid
- Housing characteristics: Household/family type, tenure, overcrowding
- Immigration characteristics: Birthplace, year of entry, top languages spoken, top countries of birth
- CMS calculations using the five-year 2015-2019 American Community Survey (ACS) (Ruggles et al. 2021)
Estimates are rounded to the nearest hundred. Pre-rounded figures under 500 are represented by ‘-‘.
Center for Migration Studies (CMS). 2022. “Democratizing Data Initiative: Construction Workers in New York City, Selected Demographic and Socioeconomic Characteristics by Citizenship and Immigration Status, 2015-2019 [dataset].” New York, NY: CMS. https://cmsny.org/dataset-construction-workers-in-nyc-selected-demographic-and-socioeconomic-characteristics-by-citizenship-and-immigration-status-2015-2019/