Registration is now closed.
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) hosted its annual academic and policy symposium on October 26, 2016 from 8:45am to 5:00pm at the law offices of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP (1 New York Plaza, New York, NY).
The agenda included keynote presentations and plenary panels on:
- Immigrants and Islam in the United States and Western Europe: barriers to inclusion and the implications for integration trajectories and policy development;
- Rethinking US immigration policy from a global perspective;
- Revisiting past blue ribbon commissions on immigration: their assumptions, findings and recommendations, and what has changed in the interim;
- Prospects for immigration reform: a discussion of the opportunities and challenges in the short-term and beyond; and
- Addressing the substance of legislation and executive action for a 21st century immigration policy.