Registration is now closed
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS), Loyola Marymount University, Mount Saint Mary’s University, and Providence St. Joseph Health hosted the 2017 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference from October 11-13, 2017 at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA.
The primary purpose of the conference was to advance the goals of CMS’s Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) which seeks to study, document and support a growing network of diverse Catholic institutions that are working successfully to advance immigrant integration, empowerment and well-being. The conference:
- Examined how Catholic institutions are responding to changing immigration policies;
- Conveyed the spiritual and theological vision that undergirds the Catholic Church’s work with immigrants;
- Reviewed public policies affecting immigrant integration and academic research on the work of Church institutions with immigrant communities;
- Lifted up model integration programs and ministries; and
- Offered optional field visits to migrant ministries and shelters in Los Angeles on October 11th.