2019 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference
March 11, 2019 12:00 PM
March 13, 2019 05:00 PM
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) and the Diocese of San Jose held the 2019 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference from March 11-13, 2019 at Santa Clara University School of Law in Santa Clara, CA.
This annual event is part of CMS’s Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) which seeks to understand, expand and strengthen the work of Catholic institutions with immigrant communities. The conference:
- Explored promising and successful programs and ministries with immigrants in parishes, elementary schools, universities, the workplace, immigrant service networks, charities, community organizing entities, hospitals, and other institutions;
- Examined how changing US immigration and refugee polices are affecting Catholic institutions, their members and those they serve;
- Lifted up a distinctly Catholic vision of integration, which is rooted in communion, integral development, and evangelization of culture;
- Featured an annual address – named after CMS’s co-founder, Fr. Lydio Tomasi, c.s. – on the theological vision underlying the work of Catholic institutions with immigrants and refugees;
- Offered optional site visits to migrant programs and ministries in the San Francisco Bay Area on March 11, 2019.
The conference fee was $125 for all three days, which included meals during the conference program. Registration was free for all students and for Santa Clara University faculty and staff. Discounts and fee waivers were available for those indicating financial need. This event not a function of Santa Clara University.