JMHS Special Collection: Protracted Displacement, the Search for Solutions, Promising Programs and Strategies
May 17, 2023 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (ET)
On Wednesday, May 17, 2023, the Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) hosted a webinar to discuss its latest release from the Journal on Migration and Human Security (JMHS). Entitled Protracted Displacement, the Search for Solutions, Promising Programs, and Strategies and co-edited by Donald Kerwin, former executive director of CMS, and Elizabeth Ferris (guest editor) of Georgetown University, the special collection features 11 papers which focus on several large and other less-publicized populations in protracted displacement. The authors discussed common topline findings, recommendations, and cross-cutting themes learned from the various displacement situations.
Kevin Appleby, Interim Executive Director of CMS, introduced the webinar. Donald Kerwin and Elizabeth Ferris moderated the discussions.
- C. Kim Mancini, Office of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced
- Ludger Pries, Ruhr University-Bochum
- Abdirahman A. Muhumad, Jigjija Unversity
- Rose Jaji, German Institute of Development and Sustainability
- Oroub el-Abed, Centre for Lebanese Studies
- Watfa Najdi, Centre for Lebanese Studies
- Azizul Hoque, Centre for Peace and Justice, BRAC University
- Isabel Gil Everaert, Colegio de Mexico
- Jennifer Wistrand, Miami University
- Katherine McCann, Columbia University
Read and download the entire digital edition for free at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/MHS/current
Each week, we send a FREE newsletter which covers the latest US and international policy updates in English and Spanish, news articles related to migration issues, CMS featured articles, and Catholic/Faith-based updates. Click the link to sign up for this weekly newsletter, and share it with your friends and colleagues: https://cmsny.org/subscribe/