The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS), an educational institute and think tank devoted to the study of international migration, seeks to hire a full-time finance and administrative manager. The position will work closely with CMS’s Executive Director (ED) to handle the agency’s accounting and other administrative responsibilities. In particular, the finance and administrative manager will:
- Perform daily accounting and bookkeeping tasks: Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including timely invoice payment, reimbursements, deposits and electronic income.
- Reconcile bank, petty cash and credit card accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Work with the ED to create annual organizational budget.
- Prepare payroll and assist with benefits administration processes for staff.
- Produce monthly financial statements.
- Provide oversight and maintenance of organization’s 403(b) plan, including preparation and submission of form 5500.
- Coordinate with the payroll processor to issue accurate and timely W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Coordinate audit activities, including serving as the organization’s lead on the annual audit and preparing financial documents for audit, form 990 and CHAR500.
- Maintain and retain financial records for compliance, recordkeeping, and archiving.
- Present year-to-date and annual financial statements to the board of trustees, as requested.
- Maintain grant tracking reports coordinate necessary documentation for submittal of reports to funders.
- Ensure the strict adherence to internal accounting controls and procedures.
- Support, administer, file and track vendor and consultant contracts and relationships.
- Maintain HR records.
- Order supplies, troubleshoot general office systems and facilities services, and monitor equipment.
The candidate should have high levels of attention to detail and accuracy and excellent administrative and organizational skills. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit accounting and/or finance. Strong skills with QuickBooks and MS Excel required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience in human resources (payroll, employee benefits, performance management, and onboarding) is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a growth-driven environment and to communicate well with colleagues, vendors, and constituents a must.
- A genuine interest in and commitment to CMS’s mission.
The annual salary for this position is $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience. CMS offers excellent benefits, including a generous health insurance plan, dental and vision coverage, and a tax-deferred annuity plan.
The position is full-time and based in New York City. However, some telecommuting is allowed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please submit a letter of interest by January 21, 2022 with a resume to Andrea Tong at [email protected]. Please also indicate your availability to start the position.
The position is open until filled and applications are accepted immediately. Due to the volume of applications, CMS cannot return phone calls about the position, and regrettably, cannot notify all applicants of the status of their applications unless an interview is requested.