Rethinking the Global Refugee Protection System | Session II
June 30, 2017
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) hosted a free event on its initiative, “Rethinking the Global Refugee Protection System,” on June 16, 2017 at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP in Washington, DC 20006.
This video from the event is footage from Session II | Improving a US Refugee Policy Under a New Administration. Panelists laid out needed improvements to US refugee policy, including reforms to the US refugee program. Responses to proposals by the current administration were discussed.
– Kevin Appleby, Senior Director of International Migration Policy, Center for Migration Studies
– Karen Grisez, Special Counsel, Public Service Counsel, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
– Melanie Nezer, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, HIAS
– David Robinson, Executive Director, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
– Todd Scribner, Education Outreach Coordinator, Migration and Refugee Services, US Conference of Catholic Bishops