Plenary Panel IV: How Should Catholic Institutions Adapt Their Work?
November 15, 2020
Panelists discuss ways that Catholic parishes, hospitals, refugee and legal services programs, charities, and other institutions and ministries can rise to the immense challenges now facing immigrants, refugees, and their families and communities. How can Catholic institutions adapt their work on immigrant protection, empowerment, and integration, and assess its success in light of current challenges and opportunities? What new partnerships, programs, and ministries will be needed? Speakers include:
Moderator: Bill Canny, Executive Director, Migration and Refugee Services, USCCB
- Anna Gallagher, Executive Director, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Marjean Perhot, Director Refugee and Immigration Services, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Boston
- Elena Segura, Senior National Coordinator for Immigration, Archdiocese of Chicago
- Rachelle Wenger, System Vice President, Public Policy & Advocacy Engagement, CommonSpirit Health
- Gloria Whitcraft, Chief Executive Officer, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend